Thursday, April 10, 2008

Making a comeback


Hooray for Parsley! I did not know this was a perennial. Apparently, my huge bush of it is growing back big and healthy. It took off last year and I loved it. I put it in everything I cooked and even dried it from my window when the season was over. That got used up quickly, too.
This one is rhubard. I like how the leaves are all crinkled up into balls and they slowly unfold into enormous poisonous leaves...It's pretty, anyway. I dug these crowns up from a valley behind my mom's house last year and stuck them into my own ground, so they are wild and we'll see how they taste this summer. I actually tried to buy them from an online catalog, but for some reason, no one will ship rhubarb to Utah. Any ideas?

2 comments:

Toni Dee! said...

this is lovely - and I'm jealous. So far, nothing really growing here except grass, for which I'm truly thankful! I love watching your garden grow!

Anonymous said...

I don't know what they wouldn't ship to Utah. But they at least used to sell some at Willard Bay Gardens. (I don't know if you get that far north, but you could try other greenhouses around.)